Ingredients (Chocolate Cake)
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose
- 1/4 cup Catalina Black & Bold
- 3/4 Catalina Creamy & Rich
- 2 cup White Refined Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp EZ’s Best Vanilla Powder
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Water
Ingredients (Chocolate Ganache)
- 1 1/2 Refined Sugar
- 1/8 Catalina Black & Bold Cocoa Powder
- 3/8 Catalina Premium & Pure
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (175C) degrees. Prepare and line cake pans with wax paper. In a stand mixer sift in sugar, all-purpose flour, Catalina Premium cocoa powders, baking powder, baking soda, EZ's best vanilla powder and salt.
- Whisk at low speed to mix ingredients. Add vinegar to the milk and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients together before adding into the mixer.
- Blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer to prepared cake pan and bake at 175F for 30 minutes then check for doneness. Set aside to cool down before assembling the cake.
- Sift and whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Over medium heat bring water and evaporated milk to light simmer, add in the rest of the dry ingredients and cook until mixture is smooth and thick for about 15 to 20 minutes. remove from heat and fold in butter.
- Allow filling to cool down and set before dressing the cake.