Gum Paste Flower Tools
- Peony cutter set
- Small rolling pin
- Ball tools / Modelling tools
- Leaf veiner
- Flower mat
- 18, 24 gauge wire
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutter
- Food Color
- Marshmallow Fondant 2 recipes
- Gumpaste 1 recipe
- Royal Icing 1/4 recipe
- Make peony one day in advance. Tint gum paste pink and green.
- Roll gum paste at least 2-3mm. Cut petals using Peony cutter set. Make 3 small petals, 4 medium and 5 large petals, 6 extra large petals. To make sure it will easily dry, store in airtight container. Insert no.22 size floral wire in each of the petals. Then using leaf veiner, press the petals using thumb, transfer to floral form. Using baller, thin out the sides of the petals.
- Let dry following instructions at least for 24 hrs. in a cupcake pan or silicone molds.
- Make layered cake. Bake and cool two 6 in. cake layers and one 6 in. cake layer.
- Cover cakes with fondant. Decorate with fondant drapes as shown in the live demo.
- Pipe cake details using Royal Icing. Arrange Peony sugar flowers into the sides and top tier of the cake.