June 13, 2022
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Catalina Creamy & Rich Catalina Cocoa Powder 2/3 Cup
- Hot Water 1 1/2 Cup
- All-purpose flour 1 1/2 Cup
- Granulated White Sugar 1 1/2 Cup
- Baking Soda 1 Teaspoon
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
- Eggs 4 Pcs
- Vanilla 2 Teaspoon
- Vinegar 4 Teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil 12 Tablespoon
- Granulated sugar 1/2 Cup
- Hot Water 1/2 Cup
- Rum 2 Tablespoon
- Milk 85 g
- Granulated Sugar 42 g
- Butter 155 g
- Yolks 53 g
- Catalina Chocolate Callets 58% 255 g
- EZ’s Best All-purpose cream powder 80 g
- Cold Water 100 g
- EZ's Best Gelatine Powder 7 g
- Water 21 g
- EZ’s Best All-purpose cream powder 70 g
- Cold Water 100 g
- Catalina Dark Chocolate Callets 150 g
To prepare the cake
- Pre heat oven to 175 degrees C. then line a 9inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cocoa powder in hot water and set aside to bloom.
- Sift all dry ingredients together All-purpose flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla, oil and the cocoa powder mixture.
add in the vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Sift into the liquid mixture all the dry ingredients and continue mixing until homogenous.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan and bake for 40 to 50 mins or until an inserted
toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool down for 15 to 30 minutes before slicing into 3 parts.
To Prepare the mousse
- Using a small sauce pan on medium heat dissolve sugar into milk and temper in the yolks.
- Disperse EZ’s gelatin powder in water and allow to bloom.
- Remove mixture from heat and pour over the dark chocolate callets and butter, set aside for a few minutes then stir carefully to fully melt.
- Melt bloom gelatin powder on double boiler and temper into the chocolate mixture
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer whisk EZ’s Whipping Cream powder in cold water and whisk until stiff peaks and carefully fold into the chocolate mixture.
To Assemble the Cake.
- Dissolve the sugar in hot boiling water and add the rum set aside to cool down.
- Place a layer of the chocolate cake on a cake board and carefully wrap and secure an acetate film around the cake. Brush the sponge with the rum syrup.
- Scoop a layer of mousse on top of the first cake layer and level as thick as your cake slice top with another cake layer then brush again with the rum syrup. And repeat another layer of mousse and cover again with the 3rd slice of cake. Chill the cake for 30 mins to an hour to set.
- Whisk the EZ’s All-purpose cream powder into the cold water and set aside, melt 150 g of Dark Chocolate callets in the microwave and mix with the EZ’ all-purpose cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the chilled cake and allow to set before topping with fruits and berries.