- Butter 60g
- Shortening 10g
- Caster Sugar 60g
- Egg 50g
- Vanilla 2ml
- All Purpose Flour 125g
- Ebony Cocoa Powder 16g
- Chocolate Hazelnut spread 180g
- Milk Chocolate Callets 160g
- Cocoa Butter 15g
- Rum 15ml
- Dark Chocolate Callets 175g
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Mix in egg until homogenous, sift and whisk together all dry ingredients, Mix at medium speed for 5 minutes until dough forms into a ball
- Transfer and ball the dough onto wax paper or clingwrap. Rest and refrigerate for 15 to 30 mins
- Roll out and flatten the dough to a quarter inch thin sheet. Using your circle cookie cutter cut out the dough and placed onto a greased sheet tray
- Baking time: 10-12 minutes, baking temperature: 180°C, Cool baked products before pipping in the filling.
- In a separate bowl melt Milk chocolate and cocoa butter in a double boiler. Remove from heat and fold in the hazelnut spread add in the rum mix until well incorporated. Then transfer filling into a pipping bag.
- Pipe between each sandwich and using a barbecue stick dip the cookie sandwich in the melted Dark chocolate callets and set aside on a parchment or wax paper to dry.
- Chill the cookies for 15mins or more before serving.