December 14, 2020
- Maraschino Cherries, 100 grams
- Light Brandy, 2 tablespoons
- Lady Fingers, chopped, 100 grams
- Barry Callebaut Dark Chocolate Couverture Callets, 170 grams
- All-Purpose Cream, 1/3 cup
- Salt, iodized, 1 pinch
- Roasted Almonds, chopped, 100 grams
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- 24 Slices
- Drain the cherries, remove the stems. Dry with paper towel then chopped coarsely. Put in a small bowl with light brandy in small bowl, set aside.
- Coarsely chop ladyfingers. Reserve 1 cup.
- Process remaining ladyfingers in food processor to fine crumbs. (Or a rolling pin can also be used)
- Combine dark couverture callets and cream in a stainless mixing bowl. Put the bowl of chocolate in a pot of simmering water, then turn off heat. Let the chocolate cream mixture melt for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from the hot water bath, add salt and ladyfinger crumbs and stir to combine. Add chopped almonds, reserved ladyfingers, and cherry mixture and stir until thick dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and place each half on large sheet of plastic wrap. Use plastic to roll each dough into tight 6-inch log, twisting ends well to secure. Refrigerate dough logs until firm, at least 3 hours. (Chilled dough can be stored in refrigerator for up to 7 days.)
- When ready to serve, place sifted confectioners’ sugar in tray. Unwrap dough logs and roll in sugar until well coated, brushing off excess. Cut each log into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve.