240 ml - Water
100 g - Butter (Unsalted)
5 g - Sugar
5 g - Salt
150 g - Bread Flour
200 g - Eggs (Fresh)
300 g - Catalina Dark Chocolate Callets
14 g - EZ's Best Gelatine powder
45 ml - Water
67 g - EZ's Best All-purpose Cream
200 ml - Fresh Milk
120 g - EZ's Best Whipping Cream
240 ml - Water (Cold)
112 g - Instant Pastry Cream Powder
260 ml - Water (Luke Warm)
25 g - Catalina White Chocolate Butt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees then grease and line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepot, melt the butter, sugar, salt with 250ml water and cook until rolling boil. Lower the heat and sift in the bread flour. Rapidly mix until mixture forms a ball.
3. Cook the dough for 2 to 3 minutes then transfer to a stand mixer bowl and beat at medium speed using a paddle attachment.
4. When the dough has slightly cooled down, pour in the eggs individually making sure it is well incorporated into the batter.
5. Batter should be shiny and pasty but not too liquid. Divide the batter into two parts and transfer them to the prepared round cake pans, spreading the batter evenly. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes until golden brown. Do not open the oven while baking.
6. Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool then divide the cakes into two layers.
7. In a small bowl, bloom the EZ's Best Gelatine powder in lukewarm water. In another bowl, hydrate the Instant Pastry Cream Powder with 260ml of water and whisk until smooth and well blended.
8. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk EZ's Best Whipping Cream Powder with 240ml cold water for 4 to 5 minutes until soft peaks are attained then fold it in with the pastry cream.
9. To assemble the cake, lay the bottom layer of your cake. Secure the perimeter with an acetate film then fill in with at least a 1 inch thick layer of cream. Place the top layer of your cake. Set your cake in the chiller for 15 to 30 minutes.
10. In a small bowl, whisk together the EZ's Best All-purpose Cream Powder with 200ml freshmilk then pour over the Catalina Dark Chocolate Callets. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. While still hot, add the bloomed gelatine to melt. Stir the mixture continuously until smooth. Pour the chocolate ganache until cake is completely covered. Allow the ganache to set in chiller for another 15 to 30 minutes.
11. For the garnish, melt 25 grams of the Catalina White Chocolate Buttons in a microwave-safe bowl and transfer into a pipping bag. Carefully decorate your cake with borders and curves as desired.