January 25, 2021
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- Barry Callebaut Dark Chocolate Callets, 110 grams
- Light Brown Sugar, 235 grams
- Fresh Milk, 210 grams
- Butter, unsalted, 85 grams
- Eggs, 2 pieces
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Catalina Cocoa Powder, 25 grams
- Rice Flour, 125 grams
- Gluten-free Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda, 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Barry Callebaut Dark Chocolate Callets, melted 100 grams
- Unsalted Butter, soft, 100 grams
- Confectioner’s Sugar, sifted, 175 grams
- Fresh Milk, 1 to 2 teaspoons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line two 8” round cake pan. Set side.
For the Cake:
- For the cake, place the chocolate, 100g of light brown sugar and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate and sugar have melted and leave the mixture to cool slightly.
- Sift together cocoa powder, rice flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk the remaining sugar with the butter until light and creamy. Add egg one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and gradually add in the chocolate milk mixture.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Divide batter between 2 lined pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Transfer pan into wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
For the Buttercream:
- Using paddle attachment, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add half of the confectioner’s sugar beating again until everything is combined.
- Gently add the melted chocolate and remaining icing sugar. Continue mixing until smooth. Add fresh milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream and use the remaining half to spread over the top of the cake. Before serving, garnish with chocolate shavings.